Seth Perler: Habits for Middle School Success
Uploaded Oct 6, 2018
Hands-on workshop to support your unique learning needs
Seth teaches students how to navigate school successfully by personalizing study habits for any individual learning style. Seth will walk you through proper setup of systems so you’re on top of school work, so bring your stuff!
· Planners – how to use it, even if you dislike it
· Papers – organize folders, binders, syllabi, notebooks
· Backpacks – how to keep it simple, working for YOU!
· Browser – how to quickly access what you need
· SSS – how to create your own Sacred Study Space
Seth will also teach you about:
THE BRAIN: How Executive Function differs for each brain.
ROUTINES: Why/how homework routines enable success.
ADVOCACY: How students feel empowered, effective.
RESISTANCE: Seek help on planning, organizing, chores.
EMOTIONAL REGULATION: How to deal with overwhelming emotions (anger, sadness, etc) in a healthy way.